Thursday, August 16, 2018

That's the dream!

"That's the dream!"

You've probably heard it said before, maybe even said it yourself!  Over the past few months, I have had friends and family encouraging me in my baking endeavors. Many of them have told me I need to open my own bakery and my response is often (yes, you guessed it...) "That's the dream!"

But in the process of trying to figure out what this all looked like, a friend recently told me:
"Dreams without actions are just passing thoughts."
So...I'm taking action!  A lot of factors have lead to this blog, but it all boils down to one thing - I have spent the past few years learning, researching and diving more into my baking adventure and it's time to DO something other than talking about it.  That something, for now, includes starting up a blog where I can share a bit more about the baking adventures I have had and create a place that will challenge me and keep me accountable for continuing on this journey!

Here's a little of what you can expect on here:

  1. PICTURES!  I have an overabundance of snapshots from my baking - whether the product turned out how I wanted it to or not, I think there is value in documenting it.  The bakery folder in my Dropbox proves that very clearly!
  2. Honesty.  I'm not a professional, people.  More often than not, a project is an experiment and learning opportunity for me.  I mess up.  Often.  I am my own worst critic, which is both a blessing and a curse. I also sometimes get very giddy when a project turns out better than I expected (just ask my roommates....they'll attest to my mini dance parties and squealing, haha).
  3. Tips & Tricks.  There are so many things that I have learned from researching other bakers online.  Some techniques work great for me - others end up being a total flop and I have to adjust, strategize and try again!  Other things I simply learned by successful or unsuccessful experimenting in the kitchen.  I don't think it's fair to keep that all to myself (although some things need to remain a secret, haha), so you will most definitely hear my thoughts on what works and what does not!
  4. My A.D.D. and O.C.D. Brain.  I get excited about baking things.  I'm can also be very particular about how things are done.  The O.C.D. side of my brain fights against the easily distracted side quite often.  Welcome to my innermost baking thoughts.  I'll try not to lose you too much along the.....oooooh, sprinkles! ;-)
I'm sure there will be more, but for now I will wrap things up!  Thank you for taking this journey with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment